Researching your ancestors in the English Midlands
The Midlands of England was the heartland of the industrial revolution. The area includes a wide variety of localities from the very rural to Birmingham, the second largest city in the United Kingdom. Counties to be discussed are Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire.
- To bring together GSV members with a common interest in the Midlands
- To enable the discussion of ‘brick walls’ and to help solve them
- Learn about the resources available that will assist them to research the lives of their ancestors
- Listen, and contribute, to presentations by members on topics relating to the social, economic and religious and political history that effected the 'life and times the counties
- Enjoy the fellowship of members who have a shared interest in the Midlands localities
Who may join?
The Circle is open only to GSV Members as part of their annual subscription. There is no additional fee. Members receive an email copy of the monthly meeting notes and copies of the meetings' materials.
How to join?
Simply register for the advertised event! We're a friendly bunch and if you would like to join contact the Convenor (Jenny Redman).
Contact the Convenors - email: email@example.com or call the GSV Office on 9662 4455.