This service is carried out by an experienced team and is available for Members and Non-Members. Requests will be answered in order of receipt and there may be some delay.
Members who live outside a 100 km radius from Melbourne GPO may have one free annual request taking up to two hours - Distant Member Request Form
Cost: Members $30 per hour Non-members $50 per hour
This hourly fee includes limited copying and postal charges – email is more efficient and cost-effective.
- Determine the number of hours of research. We usually recommend two hours to start but we are happy to begin with one hour. At the end of that time we send a report, often with digital or paper images, and advise whether more work is required.
- Pay for research: Members OR Non-Members.
- Prepare relevant forms Ancestry/Pedigree Charts and Family Group Sheets.
- Submit your Research Request Form with attachments
- Alternatively post, or deliver in person.